Top 23 artists that are difficult to find online
|Playlist submitted by kmbone on Jun 17, 2012|
|1.||!!!||Hello? Is This Thing On?|
|2.||War||The World Is a Ghetto|
|5.||The Bible||Crystal Palace|
|6.||Real Estate||Green Aisles|
|7.||The The||Slow Emotion Replay|
|10.||The Sun||In Perfect Time|
|11.||So||Are You Sure?|
|Breakfast in America|
|13.||Summer Camp||Round the Moon|
|15.||The Middle East||Jesus Came to My Birthday Party|
Bee Gees cover
|I Started a Joke|
|19.||Morning...||The Eastern Lean|
|21.||No||Stay With Me|
A mix that I've been thinking of doing for a really long time: Artists that are difficult to look up online.
Artists that were considered but rejected because they actually came up first in a test Google search: John Doe, We The They, The Band.
Artists that were rejected because I don't actually have any music by them: The Men, Thursday.
Thanks, derhay, for some of the inspiration.
Guess the Mixcloud widget isn't working. Here's the link: http://www.mixcloud.com/kmbone/search-me/
Top 4 things I will cherish about ZeRO:
1. Getting to know so many people with such diverse musical tastes, and coming to respect those musical tastes, no matter how different they may be from my own.
2. People who responded to my crazy requests (most often in the form of "I've never liked this genre of music, but I noticed you posted a mix on it, and I'd really like to learn more about it"). Especially DJ Abstract, Salman and Strange Loop.
3. Learning there are people as passionate about '70s and '80s cheeze as I am. :)
4. Being asked to participate in roundtables. Two of my favorites were the Tom Waits covers and the murder ballads.
Top 2 things I regret:
1. Not making an alt-DJ mix with Salman.
2. Never remembering how many "u"s there are in "duuuu(uuuuuu)uude".
I did think about posting a mix of some of my all-time favorites, but I already did that, way back in the first mixathon. (Search for "hurry" under "mix title" and you'll find it.)
Only registered users can leave comments